By purchasing or ordering Goods and/or Services, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below. Before you place your order, if you have any questions relating to these Conditions please speak to one of our sales staff or contact us via our website – CLICK HERE. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
The Goods and Services comply with appropriate UK legislation and are only available to UK residents.
1. "Phonehero/Us/Our/We" means Phonehero, a trading name of RPC Recycle Ltd, a company registered in England (No. 06850398) with offices located at 33 King St, Norwich NR1 1PD;
2. "Conditions" means these Terms and Conditions;
3. "Goods" means any tangible products you purchase under these Conditions
4. “Non-subscription Services" mean any Services other than Subscription Services
5. "Personal Information" means the details provided by you to us;
6. "Services" means any services you order or otherwise purchase under these Conditions;
7. "Subscription Services" means any Services to which you subscribe on an ongoing basis and which are supplied to you by us, for example technical support Services;
8. "Website" means the website located at www.phonehero.co.uk or any other URL which may replace it; and
9. "You/Your" means the person ordering or otherwise purchasing the Goods or Services.
2. Rights and obligations:
1. You undertake:
1. To pay any amounts due to us in a timely manner;
2. That the Personal Information which you provide is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects;
3. To notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information either in writing addressed to Phonehero, 33 King St, Norwich NR1 1PD or by contacting us via our website at www.phonehero.co.uk in the contact us section; and
4. Not to impersonate any other person or entity or use a false name.
2. We reserve the right to modify the price or the content or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, some or all of the Goods or Services available via our stores and/or our Website. We also reserve the right to change or add to these Conditions from time to time.
3. Unless you have placed an order for any Goods or Services, or you subscribe to any Subscription Services, at the time such a change takes effect, we shall not be obliged to give you notice of any such modification or withdrawal.
4. From time to time we may also have to make changes in the specification of any Good or Service:
1. To make it conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements; or
2. To make it reflect changes in the manufacturer’s specification, but we will endeavour to ensure that such changes do not reduce the quality or performance of such a Good and/or Service. Where you have placed an order for the affected Good and/or Service and such changes are substantial, we will notify you in advance to ensure that you still wish to proceed with any order that you have placed.
5. Goods and Non-subscription Services:
1. You will be subject to the Policies and Conditions in force at the time you order or otherwise purchase the Goods or Non-subscription Services, unless we are legally obliged to make changes to these Conditions that apply retrospectively. If this happens, these changes will apply to any orders we have not yet fulfilled when the changes took effect, even if your order was placed previously.
2. We shall not withdraw or modify to your substantial detriment any of the Goods or Non- subscription Services for which we have accepted an order from you, other than where such modification or withdrawal is required as a result of events outside of our reasonable control. We will take reasonable care to ensure all details, descriptions and prices of products and services are correct at the time the information is entered on to the system.
3. We are under a legal duty to supply Goods that are in conformity with these Conditions.
6. Subscription Services only:
1. If you subscribe to any Subscription Services, we will give you prior notice of any withdrawal or modification of the Subscription Services, the price you pay for them or any changes to these Conditions.
1. Where these changes are to your substantial detriment (which shall include but not be limited to an increase in the price of your Subscription Services of more than 10%), you can choose to cancel any unused portion of the Subscription Services without penalty before any such changes take effect. Your continued subscription to the Subscription Services following such change taking effect shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
2. Your right to cancel under the above does not apply where: (a) any price increase in relation to the Subscription Services does not exceed the Retail Price Index figure, the Consumer Price Index figure or similar in any twelve month period; or (b) the increase is as a result of any increase in VAT or other taxes or the introduction of a similar or new tax on the Subscription Service.
3. We will do our best to provide the Goods and/or Services you have ordered in a timely and efficient manner but please note that any estimated time frames for any delivery of the Goods and/or completion of the Services are estimates only and delays may arise as a result of matters outside of our reasonable control.
4. Goods that you have ordered may be subject to EU and US export control laws and laws of the country where it is delivered or used. Under these laws, such Goods may not be sold, leased or transferred to restricted end-users or countries or for restricted end- uses (including uses related to the development, production, use, or maintenance of “Weapons of Mass Destruction”, including without limitation, uses related to nuclear, missile, and/or chemical/biological development). If the Goods are supplied to you subject to any such Export Laws, supply to you of the Goods is subject to you not falling into any such restricted categories.
1. The Goods and Services are available only to individuals who we, in our absolute discretion, consider eligible. The eligibility criteria include, without limitation, those whose applications are acceptable to us and those who are residents in the United Kingdom. Services that come with minimum term contracts are only available to individuals who are 18 years old or over and by ordering or otherwise purchasing such Services, you confirm that you are 18 years old or over.
2. When so requested by us, you must provide your name, phone number, address, payment details and other requested information.
1. Each order placed by you will be treated as an offer to purchase the Goods and/or Services to which your order relates. The contract will only be completed when we dispatch the Goods/commence the provision of the Services (as applicable) or when we take any due payment from you (which includes debiting your payment method), whichever is the earlier.
2. The “confirmation” stage of the checkout process sets out the final details of your order. An order will be placed when you press the “confirm order” button or a similar function. We will then send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order acceptance and will be followed by a second email which confirms your order has been accepted and is on its way – we usually send this on the next working day.
3. You acknowledge that any automated acknowledgement given when you place an order shall not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase.
4. We may, at our own discretion, limit, restrict or reject any order you place at any time prior to the contract having been completed. Where this happens, we will attempt to contact you using your Personal Information. We also reserve the right to limit or prohibit sales to dealers or to entities that we believe, in our sole discretion, are making use of the Goods or Services for profit.
4. Price and Payment:
1. The price of the Goods or Services (if any) shall be our quoted price or, where no price has been quoted (or a quoted price is no longer valid), the price of which we inform you prior to accepting your order.
2. You shall provide payment prior to us providing you with the Goods or Services (as applicable) unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
3. If you fail to make any payment on the due date then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy we may have, we will be able to do one or more of the following:
1. Where you subscribe to Subscription Services, suspend the provision of the Services to you until payment has been received and, where you have failed to make payment despite reminders to do so, cancel this agreement; and/or
2. Where you have ordered Goods or Non-subscription Services, cancel this agreement between you and us in relation to such Goods and/or Nonsubscription Services; and/or
3. In any event, charge you interest (before and after any judgment) on the amount unpaid, at the rate of 2% per calendar month, until payment is made in full (a part of the month being treated as a full month for the purpose of calculating interest).
4. You confirm that any payment method you use is yours.
5. All payment methods are subject to validation checks and authorisation and we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery caused by any failure of such checks or authorisation.
6. Once any Goods you have ordered or otherwise purchased have been collected and/or otherwise received by you, all risk of damage to, or loss of, the Goods shall pass to you.
7. Irrespective of delivery and the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of these Conditions, the ownership of the Goods shall not pass to you until we have received in cash or cleared funds payment in full for the price of such Goods.
8. Until such time as the ownership of the Goods passes to you, you shall hold it on our behalf and keep it safe and identified as our property.
9. Until such time as the ownership of the Goods passes to you, we shall be entitled to ask you to return the Goods to us.
5. Right of Cancellation:
1. Goods and/or Services ordered at a distance:
1. Consumers ordering Goods or Services at a distance (such as via telephone or online) have certain cancellation rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
2. You may cancel any order for Services at any time within 14 calendar days from the day after the commencement of the contract for such Services, however, you may not cancel once we have started providing any part of such. Services to you with your agreement.
3. You may cancel any order for Goods other than software at any time within 14 calendar days from the day after receiving your Goods without liability to us.
4. You may cancel your order using the contact form that can be found in the contact us section of our site or calling us via the phone number on the homepage. For further details on how to cancel, please see www.phonehero.co.uk/contact- us. Any cancellation notice must be given before the end of the 14 day period referred to above.
5. Where you cancel an order for Goods, these Goods must be returned to us within 14 days of the date of cancellation, complete (together with any accessories, leads or other items provided with the Goods) and undamaged, with proof of purchase. If you fail to return the Goods in this manner, we may charge you the costs we incur in recovering the Goods from you (which may be substantial) or the stand alone retail value of any missing or damaged items.
6. Unless collection of the Goods has been arranged, you must return them to Phonehero, 33 King St, Norwich NR1 1PD at your cost. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Goods are received by us and we recommend using Special Delivery where appropriate in respect of the type of Goods that you are returning.
7. You shall be under a duty to take reasonable care of the Goods until received or collected by us (if applicable) and it is your responsibility to ensure that the Goods are not damaged whilst in transit using transport arranged by you.
8. If you cancel your contract in accordance with the provisions of this Clause subject to the provisions of Clauses 4.1.7 and 4.1.11 we will refund any sums paid by you in relation to your order (less our costs if we have to recover any Goods from you under Clause 4.1.7) within 14 days of receipt of the returned Goods.
6. Returns and Exchanges:
1. Please see Clause 4 above
2. Any Goods returned to us will be tested and wiped of all data upon receipt. Your return of the Goods constitutes your acceptance that any personal data will be removed from the Goods and not kept by us.
3. Any additional items returned with the Goods which are not owned by us will be disposed of accordingly.
4. This limited warranty applies to physical goods, and only physical goods, purchased from Phonehero.
5. This limited warranty covers any defects in material and workmanship under normal use during the warranty period. During the warranty period, Phonehero will repair or replace, at no charge, products or parts of a product that prove defective because of improper material or workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.
6. Phonehero will either repair or replace the product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts.
7. The warranty period for physical goods purchased from Phonehero is 90 days from the date of purchase. A replacement physical good or part assumes the remaining warranty of the original physical good or 90 days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever is longer.
8. This limited warranty does not cover conditions, malfunctions or damage not resulting from defects in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to any costs, repairs or services for the following:
1. Service calls to explain the usage of the product to the buyer
2. Repairs necessitated by use other than normal home use
3. Damage resulting from misuse, abuse, accidents, alterations, or improper installation
4. Corrective work necessitated by repairs made by anyone other than Phonehero
9. To obtain a warranty service, you must contact Phonehero via phone or the “Contact Us” link on the website.
7. Your Personal Information:
1. We need to collect certain Personal Information to provide you with Goods and/or Services. This Personal Information will form part of a record of your dealings with us.
2. When you contact us, we may ask for certain Personal Information to be able to check your identity and we may make a note of this. We will keep Personal Information given to us by you or others during your relationship with us. This includes:
1. Details you give us on order forms or during communications with you; and
2. Details we receive from credit reference and fraud detection agencies
3. You agree that we may use and update your Personal Information to provide you with goods and/or services that you have ordered
4. You agree that we may use and update your Personal Information:
1. To provide you with goods and/or services that you have ordered;
2. To prevent and detect fraud, crime and money laundering;
3. To update our records about you; and
4. To check your identity
3. If you give us false or inaccurate information or we identify fraud, we may record this.
4. We may use your Personal Information for research and statistical analysis, to develop and improve our products and services.
5. Your Personal Information is confidential and we will only disclose it outside the Phonehero when:
1. You give us your consent;
2. It is needed by certain reputable third parties involved in running accounts and/or providing services for us (for example, credit reference agencies or companies that we use in the provision of the Services);
3. It is needed in order to obtain professional advice;
4. It is needed to investigate or prevent crime (e.g. to fraud prevention agencies);
5. The law permits or requires it, or any regulatory or governmental body requires it, even without your consent;
6. We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other electronic communications with you for training purposes, to check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our customer service.
7. Where we process sensitive Personal Information, we will employ appropriate security measures.
8. If you would like us to tell you what information we hold about you, please write to: The Data Protection, Phonehero, 33 King St, NR1 1PD, Norwich. We may charge a £10.00 administration fee – Please include your full name, address and a copy ID with each request.
9. You will have the opportunity to consent to us contacting you by e-mail from time to time occasionally about our products and services, we believe may be of interest to you.
10. You can make changes to your marketing preferences and/or correct or update any inaccurate or incomplete information at any time by login and visit your account information section.
11. We may pass your information to the Mobile Equipment National Database ("MEND") and the Stolen Equipment National Database ("SEND") (organizations operated by Recipero Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under Company No. 3794898 and with its registered office at Lawrence House, Lower Bristol Road, Bath BA2 9ET) to enable MEND or SEND to contact you in the event that you lose your Mobile Phone/Smart Phone or it is stolen from you. Please contact us on 0844 357 9600* if you do not want your information to be passed to MEND and/or SEND. PLEASE NOTE: Once you have been registered with MEND and SEND, it is your responsibility to ensure that you notify any change of mobile phone to MEND and SEND to ensure that there is no interruption of their service to you.
12. If you give us information about another person, you confirm they have given you permission to provide it to us and for us to be able to process their personal information. You must also confirm that you have told them who we are and the basis on which we will use their information.
1. You may send us notices under or in connection with these Conditions:
1. By post to Phonehero, 33 King St, NR1 1PD, Norwich; or
2. Via our website (contact us section);
2. Proof of sending does not guarantee our receipt of your notice. You must ensure that you have received an acknowledgement from us which should be retained by you.
9. Limitation of Liability:
1. We will not be liable under this contract for any loss or damage caused by circumstances where:
1. There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us;
2. Such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or:
3. Any loss or damage which results from the breach by you of any term of these Conditions.
2. Our liability shall not in any event include losses related to any business of a customer including but not limited to lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
3. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us in circumstances where:
1. There is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us; and/or
2. Such loss or damage is not reasonably foreseeable.
4. We will not be liable any loss or damage caused wholly or mainly by your breach of these Conditions.
5. Nothing in these Conditions shall:
1. Exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our acts or omissions or those of our servants, agents or employees; or
2. Limit your rights as a consumer under applicable UK law.
6. We shall not be liable where we are unable (using reasonable efforts) to provide any Goods and/or Services ordered by you as a result of any event outside our reasonable control.
7. All Services are provided on a commercially reasonable basis. Although we will provide the Services with reasonable skill and care, we make no warranty that the Services will meet your exact requirements or that they will always be available.
8. The Goods are sold with the benefit of and subject to the terms set out in our warranty or guarantee given by Phonehero. This is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Goods which are faulty or which otherwise do not conform to the legally required standard.
9. Each provision of this Clause 8 operates separately. If any part is disallowed, or is not effective, the other parts will continue to apply even after our agreement has been terminated or cancelled.
10. Events Beyond the Parties Reasonable Control:
1. If either of us cannot do what we have promised because of something beyond our reasonable control such as lightning, flood, exceptionally severe weather, fire, explosion, war, civil disorder, industrial disputes, acts or omissions of persons for whom we are not responsible, or acts of local or central government or other competent authorities, such party will not be liable for this.
11. Third Parties:
1. Nobody but you and us can benefit from these Conditions under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
1. You may not but we may, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of our rights under these Conditions. Any attempt by you to do so shall be void.
13. Handling Complaints:
1. If you ever wish to complain about the Goods or Services, you may do so in the following way:
1. Through our website at www.phonehero.co.uk in the contact us section of our site;
2. In writing to our address;
2. If you are not happy with the way that we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
Under EU Regulations around online dispute resolution for consumer disputes, traders are required to provide consumers with an accessible electronic link to the Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform. You can submit your complaint via the Online Dispute Resolution platform, which can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr.